The UAE-India CEPA entered into force on May 1, 2022. As a result of the agreement, businesses can now take advantage of many new benefits, including:
- Greater access for UAE exports entering the Indian market through the reduction or removal of tariffs on more than 80 per cent of products.
- An open and non-discriminatory environment for cross-border trade with India.
- Enhanced market access for UAE’s service providers across 11 sectors and more than 100 sub-sectors.
- The removal of unnecessary technical barriers (TBT) for UAE and Indian exporters.
- The use of international standards as a basis for technical regulations.
- Enhanced access for UAE businesses to Indian government procurement opportunities.
- Support for UAE companies through a 10 per cent price preference in UAE government procurement tenders.
- Assurance that UAE products will not be subject to India’s anti-dumping investigations as such products are merely transshipped.
- A Joint Committee to assess, revise and propose amendments to the CEPA, including improving market access.