The procedures for business incorporation in the UAE are subject to the requirements of each emirate. We recommend visiting the official website of the Department of Economic Development in the concerned emirate; however, in general, businesses are incorporated in the UAE through one of two options:
- Business Incorporation Online.
The federal government provides the “Basher” platform for businesses, which is a comprehensive e-Service that enables investors to establish their companies in the UAE online through the unified digital platform fully integrated with the relevant local and federal government entities concerned with licensing economic activities in the UAE, within minutes and using a quick, convenient and secure process, without the need for investors to physically visit any government agency.
- Business Incorporation through Conventional Methods.
The process of incorporating a commercial business in the UAE goes through a series of steps that include the following:
- Identify the nature of the activity.
- Determine the legal structure.
- Register the trade name.
- Request for initial approval.
- Choose the location or address of the commercial activity.
- Obtain additional government approvals.
- Submit documents and pay the required fees.
For more information, visit Establishing Businesses page.